The Scharbauer family has a long history of helping build Midland, Texas. First and foremost, the Scharbauer Foundation seeks to make grants that will help make Midland a better place in which to live and do business. The following are general guidelines used by the Foundation in evaluating grant requests:
- Grants will be considered for activities involving arts/culture, education, health, human/social services, public/civic benefit, and faith-based or religious activities.
- Preference is given to requests for assistance with capital improvements, construction, or expansion of program capacity as compared to requests involving ongoing or annual operating, administration or scholarship expenses.
- Generally, applicants receiving grants for non-capital type requests may not receive similar grants in consecutive years.
- Preference is given to applications from qualified organizations in the following geographic priority:
- Midland, Texas
- Permian Basin region of Texas
- Panhandle region of Texas
- State of Texas