Requests will be considered only from qualified nonprofit organizations that submit all required information. To qualify, a nonprofit must:
- Be tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3)
- Be further classified as a public charity under Internal Revenue Code Section 509(a)
- Provide a copy of the IRS Letter of Determination Ruling.
- Applicants claiming exemption as a Government Entity must also provide evidence of their tax-exempt status
All applicants are encouraged to review the Foundation’s website (specifically, areas of interest and past grants) as an indication of Foundation preferences and priorities.
First time applicants should visit with Foundation staff prior to submitting a Pre-application.
Pre-applications from colleges or universities must be submitted by the development office on behalf of the institution.
Past grant recipients may only be considered for new funding if all progress/final reports for previously awarded grants have been received.
No grants or loans will be made to:
- Lobbying organizations
- Individual public or private schools that provide primary and/or secondary education (PK-12) to the general population